TSA communicates via email so a valid email address is required.
Step 1: Verify that you have all the correct documentation. You will need a Visa or proof that you are legal to be in the United States. We can write an M1 Visa if you need one.
Step 2: Go to the TSA’s AFSP website.
Step 3: Create a login and apply for training.
For more details on the application process view the application guide.
During the application process you will need to fill in information on your training details.
- State: WA
- Provider Name: Aurora Financial dba Northway Aviation
- Student ID number from school – leave blank
- Course ID: This will be either private, instrument, or multi engine
- Class Name – select from drop down box: Training of aircraft with MTOW of 12,500 lbs. or less is Category 3
- Aircraft Type: This will be either 152, 172, or BE-76 (Multi students only in BE-76)
- Estimated Start Date: input the date you would like to start
- Estimated End Date: this will be 364 days from the start date
Step 4: After you submit your application, Northway will then acknowledge your training request. You will then need to pay the $130 nonrefundable processing fee per the instructions emailed to you.
Step 5: After the “Preliminary Approval” email from the TSA you will need to submit fingerprints to TSA per the instructions emailed. You can schedule an appointment for fingerprints at:
Boeing / Alteon
1301 SW 16th St
Renton, WA 98005
+1 (206) 662-4088
Step 6: TSA will review the information and make a decision. Once you have received TSA approval you will need to start your flight training within 180 days.
Step 7: We will take your photo when you arrive for the first day of training.